Creating a physical synth from a Standalone VST, Quadra, Synthex, MemoryMoog

C

Craigyb

So when I was 16 (around 45 years ago) I used to dream of the Arp Quadra. A friend of mine who wasn't a keyboard player, but just wealthy bought one and it was sat in his front room doing nothing unless I could call around after school and have a play on this great synth.

Now I know I could probably afford to buy one, but the wife would kill me quicker than the Russians, so instead I took Cherry Audio's VST of the Quadra and created a physical beast with a PC built in to create sounds.

Quadra.jpg

I then followed that up with a synth that I've never met in real life AFAIK but is also quite legendary, the Elka Synth (again a VST emulation by Cherry Audio).

Elka.jpg

I'm currently working on the Memory Moog version (MemoryMode by Cherry Audio) and I just need to finish the actual hardware as the software controller is complete.

MemoryMode.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oh wow, that looks impressive. Do you make the panels yourself or is this made by some workshop?

Oh wow, that looks impressive. Do you make the panels yourself or is this made by some workshop?
Hi, everything is made by hand on my A3 printer and laminator, just need to build myself up to make the MemoryMode case and panel. But this time I'm going to use 3mm signage board in stead of 2mm aluminium to see if its easier.

This is cool. I bet it works more reliable than the real thing.
Is this always the same keybed/housing, just with the frontpanels exchanged?
Now that I look closer at it, the size differs.. but there seem to be a DX7II collectors item in silver beneath it. Isn´t it?
Edit: Naa, it´s not. Just checked, that one had white wheels.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No, you need the eyes of the synthworld on you. Now.
I forwarded this to prosynthnetwork. 😘

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
This is cool. I bet it works more reliable than the real thing.
Is this always the same keybed/housing, just with the frontpanels exchanged?
Now that I look closer at it, the size differs.. but there seem to be a DX7II collectors item in silver beneath it. Isn´t it?
Edit: Naa, it´s not. Just checked, that one had white wheels.
These are CME UF-70 keybeds with new base panels and sides, keep the back panel and add the wooden frame.

The ARP Quadra is a dream synth. You have made the dream come true. Congratulations!

And please do not let the Russians kill you! All the best and good luck.

News

Zurück
Oben